Fixed term until April 2019
Our client has been designing, manufacturing and marketing products and solutions designed to increase the efficiency and profitability of the agricultural sector since 1964.
We are looking for an Accountant to join their team on a fixed term basis. The purpose of this position is to provide analysis and reporting services to the operational areas of the business, and ensuring the timely execution of required financial accounting processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring proper accounting records are maintained for all group entities and prepare timely and accurate accounting information, including involvement in the preparation of month end accounts for assigned entities
- Contributing to the analysis, evaluation and financial reporting of the operational areas of the business
- Assisting with routine accounting matters; Statistics NZ returns, statutory accounts and audits, and IRD returns
- Contributing to the day-to-day management of company funding and cash position including cash-flow forecasting
- Contributing to the budgeting process (OPEX & CAPEX)
- Reviewing of sales margins and calculation of WIP
- Assisting with functions within the Finance and Admin Department; accounts receivable / payable, invoicing and payroll
Key to your success will be your outstanding numerical skills, verbal and written communication skills, accurate data entry and knowledge of ERP systems. You should also be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and have at least 3 years’ accounting experience (post qualification) – CA qualified is preferred.
To be considered for this position you MUST have New Zealand residency or a vaild New Zealand work permit.
If you would like to find out more about the role then contact Carmel on 07 839 3685 or firstname.lastname@example.org.