Listed: 2 Feb 2018
35-40 hours per week
At the Hamilton City Netball Centre, they are passionate about Netball. The sport has national and international attention and the Hamilton City Netball Centre represents netball from grassroots to high performance level. They host a range of competitions, leagues and tournaments throughout the year for all age groups. Their aim is to provide a centre that is people focused, affordable yet modern and accessible.
As Centre Manager, you will effectively maximise the operation and management of the centre, providing vision and leadership to a team of key employees, volunteers and stakeholders. Implementing strategic initiatives that will ensure netball continues to develop will be a key aspect of this exciting role. Key responsibilities will include
- Further developing and retaining a culture of excellence, innovation and passion
- Building strong and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Being an influential representative to Netball NZ and WBOP Zone
- Managing income streams including funding and sponsorship
- Ensuring the centre facilities are maximised and maintained to a high standard
- Financial management and reporting, including budgeting, cashflow and invoice authorisation
- HR including recruitment, inductions and performance reviews/management
- Health and safety management
- Project management
To ensure your success in this position, you will offer strong leadership, management and communications skills, combined with high level decision and problem solving capability. In addition you will demonstrate strategic vision and the ability to achieve results. A background in sports administration is required and past exposure to health & safety and funding is desirable.
If you would enjoy the challenge of ensuring the Hamilton Netball Centre continues to develop as a quality sporting, recreation and business organisation, we’d like to hear from you.
All applicants MUST provide a contact phone number to be considered for this position. You should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.