Finance and Property Manager
Are you a Chartered Accountant who has had some exposure to the commercial property sector? Is it time for you to channel your well-developed finance skills in a new direction? Does working for an organisation whose primary objective is ‘to enhance human welfare in Waikato’ resonate with you?
The DV Bryant Trust is one of the longest established philanthropic trusts in Waikato. After more than seven years in the role, the current Property and Finance Manager is moving on and we are seeking interest from Chartered Accountants who have either had some experience within the commercial property field or have a true passion about developing their career in this space. This may have been through working directly in the property sector, through your property clients while working in an accounting firm, or from working in an industry that is closely aligned to the sector.
Relationships play a key part in this role, and you will work closely with the well-established and highly regarded Board, other charitable funders and community organisations, in addition to 30+ tenants and a range of maintenance and service providers. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, no two days will be the same, however the key responsibilities will include:
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with tenants
• Monitoring, reviewing and renewing all leases
• Tenanting properties and liaising with commercial agents
• Overseeing building maintenance and ensuring building compliance
• Projects including due diligence on new opportunities
• Completing monthly and annual financial statements
• Monitoring all income and expenses
• Completing and overseeing the annual budget
• Ensuring financial compliance
• Administration of banking arrangements for the Trust
With a passion for the social and philanthropic sector, you will bring a solid commercial background and sound experience. Your stakeholder engagement skills will be strong as will your ability to relate to people at all levels, across a variety of industries. At the heart of all you do is the desire to make a difference in the community and you will be working as part of a small team who are equally committed to that outcome. There is flexibility for the successful person to work 35-40 hours per week.
To talk in confidence about this rare opportunity in the Waikato market please phone Judy Davison on 07 8393685 or to request a position description or to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org