An exciting opportunity has arisen with an organisation that owns and operates some of New Zealand’s most iconic events. As part of a fast paced and motivated team, you will contribute broadly to the effective and timely delivery of a variety of events.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and with two direct reports, you will be responsible for:
- Grounds maintenance including mowing, fertilising, spraying and aerating
- Preparing and restoring sites for exhibitors
- Ensuring all power cables and water pipes are identified
- Liaising with contractors and suppliers
- Assisting with the setup of events
- Contributing to the compliance of all health and safety requirements
The successful candidate will offer:
- ATV and Forklift licence and certification
- Experience in tractor driving and relevant equipment usage
- Strong and confident interpersonal skills
- Physical fitness and the ability to undertake manual labour
- A strong commitment to Health & Safety requirements
- The flexibility to work weekends and nightshifts to meet event requirements
- High levels of initiative
- The ability to work effectively in a team and autonomously
- An eye for detail and excellent quality control standards
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Word and Outlook
- Ideally a tertiary qualification in turf management or similar
The successful candidiate will ve entitiled to six weeks annual leave each year.
We would love to hear from suitably experienced and qualified people who are passionate about making a difference at some of NZ’s most iconic events.
For further information, contact Marcelo NOW!