Health & Safety Advisor
Our client is a leading food processing company, supplying the world’s markets with the best available product, using some of the world’s most sophisticated food safety systems, as well as supporting internationally recognised best practice.
They are currently seeking a suitably experienced and motivated Health and Safety Advisor to join their site leadership team. The ideal candidate is a Health & Safety professional who is passionate about people, and maintaining safety standards.
Reporting to the Plant Manager this role will be working alongside the business to develop and drive health and safety policies and procedures. With a key focus to build relationships with key stakeholders to develop health and safety knowledge and to foster continuous improvement and best practice across the site.
Key duties of this role include:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards, procedures and systems.
- Partner with site leadership to effectively identify, eliminate, minimise or control risks to an acceptable level.
- Manage the incident and injury investigation and reporting process on the site.
- Maintain health and safety documentation and initiate continuous improvement as applicable.
- Provide accurate and quality health and safety reporting as required.
- Provide guidance and coaching to individuals on site to foster collective ownership of a safety culture.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Prior experience in a similar position within a manufacturing environment.
- Good working knowledge of AS4801 Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Good working knowledge of New Zealand health and safety legislation and relevant employment legislation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, and the confidence to deliver messages and present at team meetings
To learn more about this exciting position or to submit your application please contact Paula Jorgensen firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.