Our client owns and operates a diverse range of manufacturing and engineering companies in Waikato, Auckland and Australia. They have developed a robust reputation for manufacturing excellence across a range of industries and they are committed to ensuring their innovative manufacturing processes live on in future generations.
With one part time direct report the HR Advisor is responsible for administering the HR functions for the group, ensuring compliance with current legislation of all things HR and H&S related.
In this busy, fast paced role you will be responsible for:
- Keeping up to date with all legislation, regulations and employment relation practices
- Providing support to the management team on employee relations
- Recruitment, selection and induction of new employees across the group
- Assisting with employee performance, development and coaching
- Coordinating remuneration reviews and appraisals
- Managing the H&S programme for the group
- Preparing employment agreements
- Maintaining employee files & training records
- Implementing HR initiatives that will develop organisational growth
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of company policies
- Keeping up to date with employment and training trends
- Providing HR advice on payroll related issues
- Preparing monthly HR reports for management and board packs
- General HR support and adhoc projects
This position will provide the opportunity to work broadly in the business therefore we require a generalist skillset. With ideally 3+ years of generalist HR experience you will demonstrate drive, passion and the ability to relate to people at all levels within the business. You will be tertiary qualified and keen to further develop your HR career.
The team is small – they work hard but enjoy having fun! If you are keen to move into a role that will see you supporting a number of General Managers who operate across different business units then we’d like to hear from you.