HR Business Partner – Entry Level
Ehara taaku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini!
Are you looking to take the next step in your HR career? If so, then this is an ideal career progression opportunity to join the Hospice Waikato HR Team as an entry level HR Business Partner on a permanent, full-time basis. Hospice Waikato is an organisation focused on leading the way in the growing specialist field of community palliative care. They are totally committed to providing patient focused, highly professional care, for Waikato people living with life limiting or life-threatening illnesses and for those who support them.
You will join an HR team that has a real sense of community purpose, is fun, caring and open to trying new ways of doing things. For the successful candidate there is a commitment to support your development in this ‘next step’ in your career.
Responsibilities are broad and will include:
• Partnering with leaders across the organisation to provide HR support and strategy
• Supporting the recruitment & onboarding of new employees
• Assisting with the implementation of the annual performance framework and process
• Working on wellness and culture initiatives
• Supporting disciplinary processes
To achieve success in this position and the organisation you will offer:
• A tertiary qualification in HR
• 1-3 years of HR experience
• A sound understanding of HR policies and practices
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to balance your focus on both tasks and people
• A collaborative working style, visible energy and a commitment to deliver
Hospice Waikato is on a journey to embed maatauranga Maaori content and practices into their daily mahi and they are committed to providing palliative care and support, and improving outcomes for our Maaori whaanau and the wider community that they serve. They strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures with the necessary capability and who share their values of Hapori – Community, Akiaki – Advocacy, Whakarangatira – Respect and Aroha – Empathy to apply, and they would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Maaori communities.
The successful applicant will be required to meet the mandated Covid vaccination requirements, undertake pre-employment health screening (including drug testing) and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check, the results of which must be to Hospice Waikato’s satisfaction.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid work visa.