International Business Development Manager
Listed: 23 Nov 2017
Canary Enterprises Ltd is a privately owned dairy processing company situated in the Waikato region of New Zealand, in the heart of the domestic dairying area. The company was set up in 2001 following the deregulation of the New Zealand dairy industry. Initially Canary was established to manufacture free-flow butter medallions for the domestic and international food service markets, however since then their product range has grown to include many butter or milk fat variables and a range of dairy and non-dairy frozen flavoured sauce portions.
They export to 17 countries around the world and their customers include airline caterers, hotels, restaurants and bakeries as well as supermarkets. To meet the strictest hygiene and GMP standards required by New Zealand’s governing food safety authority (MPI) a new manufacturing facility was constructed in Hamilton in 2008.
Customer intimacy is what they focus on – their customers come first, last and have their attention on all in between. The team works hard but has a lot of fun – it is made up of fast paced individuals who are committed to high standards and being the best they can. Their ability to be adaptable and cope well with change is impressive!
An opportunity has arisen for a high achiever to join the team. You will work collaboratively with people across the business, but primarily you will be responsible for ensuring the long term success of a portfolio of international customers. You will liaise between customers and cross functional internal teams to ensure the efficient and successful delivery of products globally. In addition you will contribute to the pipeline of new business opportunities, including prospecting new customers and identifying products and solutions for them.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Account manager of a portfolio of international customers which will involve overseas travel
- Researching relevant opportunities, organisations and competitor activity
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences and industry events
- Working with the new product development team to commercialise customised products
- Forecasting and tracking key account metrics
- Customer pricing and other account maintenance tasks
- Contributing to annual budget and business plan
The successful applicant will demonstrate a broad range of skills, experience and attributes including:
- Proven success in account and sales management
- International Market experience and experience with food service businesses (preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of the food service or dairy industry (preferred)
- Impressive communication, presentation and influencing skills
- A solution focus that is second to none
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong negotiation experience
- The ability to take people on a journey
If the opportunity to join a forward thinking, fast paced company that is a leader in producing value add products to the global market excites you, and you are driven by growing and maintaining sales and new business targets we would like to hear from you now. You will work with a team of dynamic individuals who are passionate, committed and excited about the future opportunities for this company.