Canary Enterprises Ltd is a privately owned dairy processing company situated in the Waikato region of New Zealand, in the heart of the domestic dairying area. The company was set up in 2001 following the deregulation of the New Zealand dairy industry. Initially Canary was established to manufacture free-flow butter medallions for the domestic and international food service markets, however since then their product range has grown to include many value added butter products.
They export to 17 countries around the world and their customers include airlines & airline caterers, hotels, restaurants and bakeries as well as supermarkets.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled Engineer who will plan, manage and implement all maintenance activity on site, diagnose faults, carry out time critical repairs, manage capital projects and contracted work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring best practice maintenance methods are applied in a safe and sustainable way.
- Managing site services and compliance to safety, food safety and environmental standards
- Managing Contractors working on site
- Leading the commissioning of new equipment
- Providing a rapid response to any breakdowns
- Managing the maintenance budget
- Contributing to the ongoing continuous improvement strategy
The successful applicant will demonstrate a broad range of skills, experience and attributes including:
- Outstanding planning and organising capability
- High level problem solving skills
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience with maintenance and fault finding of automated machinery in a food manufacturing environment
- A relevant trade qualification
- Experience in PLC programming or electrical systems would be advantageous
The factory operates on a single shift, 5 days per week. If you consider yourself a person with sound engineering experience, and you would like to be part of a fast paced, dynamic company with a broad variety of work, please register your interest today.
For further details, contact Judith Bright at Asset Recruitment on 07 839 3685 or email email@example.com
All applicants MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.