National Health & Safety Manager
Our client has a long and proud history, and a reputation for being at the forefront of their industry. Based in Waikato, with a global customer base, this is an opportunity to add real value to an already successful organisation. They are seeking a passionate Health and Safety professional to join their Executive leadership team based in Hamilton with travel throughout the country.
As the National Health & Safety Manager, your role is to manage the overall health and safety function, supporting and engaging our people leaders so their teams remain heathy and go home safe every day. Reporting to the CEO, this role champions all health and safety work streams for the business; you will be responsible for setting and delivering the safety strategy as the business matures on its safety journey, coaching, enabling and assisting people leaders champion health and safety throughout the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
• Partnering with sites to effectively identify, eliminate, minimise or control risks to an acceptable level.
• Ensuring business wide compliance with health and safety standards, procedures and systems.
• Overseeing the end to end incident and injury investigation and reporting process.
• Tracking, analysing and acting on health and safety patterns and trends.
• Driving employee engagement and participation in the management of occupational health and safety.
• Delivering best practice safety advice and guidance and coaching to individuals on site to foster collective ownership of a safety culture.
• Championing a continuous improvement culture and instil best practice across all aspects of the health and safety function.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, qualifications and skills:
• Prior experience working in a significant risk environment highly preferred.
• A formal qualification in occupational health and safety.
• Excellent knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its application in the workplace.
• Proven experience in the areas of incident management, training, hazard management, audit programmes, occupational hygiene and health and safety procedures.
• Strong relationship building, influencing and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to prioritise tasks through good time management and organisation skills.
• Professional, proactive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
Essential to the role is your ability to travel domestically up to four days per month. Have we got you interested? If you’re a strong and passionate experienced Health & Safety individual we would love to hear from you now.
All applicants MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.