People and Safety Manager
The NZ National Fieldays Society Inc., owners of Mystery Creek Events Centre, was formed in 1969 by a passionate group of individuals for the charitable purpose of the advancement of agriculture. From its beginnings as the ‘Home of Fieldays’ Society now owns a number of New Zealand’s iconic events including Equidays, Transport & Heavy Equipment Expo and hosts events like Motorhome & Caravan Show and more.
Reporting directly to the CEO and as part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for developing and supporting HR strategies and practices within the organisation. Providing sound and timely HR advice and ensuring best practice is promoted will be key aspects of your position. In addition you will support and promote change initiatives to make sure that the culture of the society remains strong.
In this broad and varied position you will primarily:
- Manage all HR functions, processes, policies and contracts
- Monitor salaries and market trends
- Identify staff development and resource training
- Assist management with succession planning
- Support and drive relevant organisational change initiatives
- Coordinate employee wellness initiatives
- Drive continual improvement and best practice in all areas of H&S
- Assist with the development of strategic, H&S and business plans
- Provide leadership, support and feedback on team performance
The successful candidate will be tertiary qualified and offer strong HR and recruitment experience, along with up to date knowledge of H&S legislation and management systems. Your written and verbal communication skills will impress, as will your ability to prioritise at a strategic level. Excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong planning and problem solving capabilities are essential.
If you desire to be part of a fast paced organisation with a strong and positive team environment, we’d like to hear from you. An attractive remuneration package that includes a six week annual leave entitlement will be offered to the person who can demonstrate the above.
To request a position description or to register your interest, please contact Judy Davison at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.