Hospice Waikato is an organisation focused on leading the way in the growing specialist field of community palliative care. They are totally committed to providing patient focused, highly professional care, for Waikato people living with life limiting or life threatening illnesses and for those who support them.
- Recognises people and the difference they make
- Is committed to developing its people to the highest professional skill level
- Understands the value of emotional support for all
- Delivers its services with a multidisciplinary focus
- Is committed to being the best in its field
An exciting opportunity has arisen as Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive. Providing discreet and professional support with the flexibility to move across the organisation and adapt to the varying needs of the role is paramount. Bringing energy and positivity to their environment is critical, as is promoting and upholding the brand integrity of Hospice Waikato.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the CEO’s and Nursing Director’s diaries
- Working alongside the Board Secretary to prepare Board reports. Minute taking at Board meetings
- Accurately preparing items for upcoming meetings/appointments
- Supporting the CEO in coordinating the leadership team
- Organising travel and accommodation
- Producing professional presentations
- Attending meetings and taking minutes
- Supporting the CEO with projects
- Supporting the Director of Nursing and wider Leadership Team
- Providing assistance to the Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Assisting the Volunteer Services Manager with Life reviews and general administration
To ensure success in this role and organisation, you will offer:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar senior role
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Confidentiality and attention to detail
- Initiative, flexibility and discretion
- A strong solutions focus
- Energy and commitment
You will enjoy a fun, fast paced environment where no two days are the same, working within a team of highly focused and supportive individuals.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment health screening (including drug testing) and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check, the results of which must be to Hospice Waikato’s satisfaction. Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid work visa.
To request a position description or to apply please contact Paula Jorgensen at firstname.lastname@example.org