Bring your procurement and collaboration skills to join this great team. With multiple sites around New Zealand, our Hamilton based client aspires to be at the forefront of engineering excellence and we are looking for someone to work with their teams to deliver procurement gains that add value to the business.
This role has a broad company focus but is also part of a local team that works on procurement for projects. With one direct report, the key responsibilities include:
- Optimising and identifying opportunities within the vendor network
- Building solid relationships with preferred strategic vendors
- Negotiating and managing competitive supplier agreements
- Supporting all sites with procurement and inventory management through open collaboration
- Effectively managing the vehicle fleet throughout NZ
- Leading, coaching and developing a small team
- Supporting management with business development opportunities
The preferred candidate will preferably offer a relevant tertiary qualification, and substantial procurement experience within the production/manufacturing environment. You will have experience working with a range of different groups and can show your leadership and communication skills that reflect your ability to critically think, actively listen and have a good sense of humour.
If you consider yourself to be a resilient, collaborative leader of all things procurement we’d love to hear from you. This business has significant growth aspirations and they want people who love a challenge, can challenge themselves to grow into better leaders and be open to different career opportunities when they present themselves.