Established in 1992, PFS Engineering Ltd provides specialist expertise in design, manufacture, installation and maintenance. They are privately owned and operated, with a staff of over 100. The culture and ‘family business’ atmosphere is strong. PFS has world class facilities and equipment, and Health and Safety is of paramount importance and critical to the success of any work they undertake. They specialise in difficult and challenging projects, often focussed on design, build and installation.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Procurement Officer who will play a vital role in supporting the procurement team. This is an administrative position, facilitating communication between PFS and its suppliers to ensure products and services are delivered according to plan.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure on-time, cost-effective and efficient delivery of goods and services
- Preparation and documenting of purchase orders
- Coordinating with internal customers to ensure that correct material has been ordered and received
- Supporting internal customers with quotations and tender preparation
- Maintaining purchase records, data and pricing
- Completing regular stock-takes
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ideally have a knowledge of steel or stainless products, however this is not essential
- Be able to demonstrate exceptional customer skills
- Have a “hands on” attitude, with the ability to work to tight time constraints
- Be very well organised, proactive and a great team player
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Have well-developed computer skills
- Hold a current full drivers licence
Are you keen to join this dynamic and progressive company and be part of exciting future growth? This is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing will be part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this position or to request a position description please contact Paula Jorgensen email@example.com
All applicants MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.