Established in 1992, PFS Engineering Ltd provides specialist expertise in design, manufacture, installation and maintenance. They are privately owned and operated, with a staff of 125 that is expected to increase to 140 this year. The culture and ‘family business’ atmosphere is strong. PFS has world class facilities and equipment, and Health and Safety is of paramount importance and critical to the success of any work they undertake. They specialise in difficult and challenging projects, often focussed on design, build and installation nationwide.
Reporting to the General Manager and with seven direct reports you will lead this innovative, solutions focussed production team of 30-35 toward achieving its objectives. Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all production
- Recruiting, mentoring and developing individuals within the team
- Managing workflow and resources
- Liaising with other managers to ensure continuous communication between departments
- Ensuring health & safety, and quality are at the forefront of all work undertaken
- Delivering all projects on time and within budget
- Continuous improvement
As a progressive Production Manager you will impress us with:
- Strong operational experience within a similar industry
- High level analytical / root cause analysis ability
- Leadership and interpersonal skills that motivate and drive others
- Commercial acumen to compliment your technical skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- A desire for you and your team to continually grow and develop
- Exceptional delivery capabilities / results focus
- The ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- A strong commitment to health & safety, and quality
- A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred but not essential
The successful applicant will experience opportunities for career advancement, unparalleled variety of work, and the chance to be part of a high performing team. Opportunities like this are rare and for a talented person the remuneration will be attractive. Are you keen to join this dynamic and progressive company and be part of exciting future growth? PFS is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment drug testing will be part of the recruitment process.
To discuss this role in confidence please contact Judy Davison on 07 839 3685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.