Our client is looking for a Quality Engineer to oversee the quality systems for their steel manufacturing company. This role would suit a recent mechanical engineering graduate or someone with industry experience and wanting to move into a quality role. Welding is the core of their business, and they will support the right applicant in gaining AS/NZS 2214 Welding Supervisor’s Certificate, and full training will be given.
If you aspire to work for a company with an outstanding culture, where employees are acknowledged and appreciated, then read on. Our client operates in a fast paced, innovative space. They are leaders in their field and are super proud of their people and achievements. Do you have an engineering background and are keen to gain a qualification in welding supervision? Come and join this highly successful company now!
Reporting to the SHEQ Manager your role will be fast paced, broad, rewarding, and autonomous to oversee the quality and welding systems. No two days will look the same, however your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing expertise to the business on fabrication/welding codes (AS/NZS 5131, ASME VIII)
- Performing in-house visual inspections to ISO 17637.
- Providing direction to the business to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 & ISO 3834.
- Inspecting and testing of materials, processes, and products to meet quality specifications.
- Ensuring all non-conformances are identified, investigated and solutions actioned.
- Creating weld procedures and weld qualifications to ASME IX, AS/NZS 1554 & ISO 9606.
This position involves interacting with all departments internally, external site visits, and third-party inspectors. The candidate will ideally hold a welding supervisor (AS/NZS 2214) or an equivalent qualification, however it is not essential as our client will support the successful applicant to gain this. You will also demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills along with the ability to work effectively under pressure. You will be proficient with Microsoft office, and be comfortable communicating and collaborating with Managers and our welders.
This is a specialised role and a great opportunity to advance your career.