Quality & Welding Advisor – New Zealand Based
Are you ready for a move across the Tasman? Do you aspire to work for a company with an outstanding culture, where employees are acknowledged and appreciated?
Hamilton, New Zealand offers an array of quality schooling and tertiary institutes, and is the home of a number of high-performance sports centres. Just 90 minutes from Auckland, the east coast beaches and some of New Zealand’s best ski fields, Hamilton is part of the ‘golden triangle’ often referred to amongst New Zealand businesses. A city rich with agriculture, engineering and manufacturing it provides great career options for those not wanting the hustle and bustle of big city life.
Our client operates in a fast paced, innovative space. They are leaders in their field and are super proud of their people and achievements. Would you enjoy providing welding knowledge across a variety of projects? Do you have an engineering background and a qualification in welding supervision? Come and join this highly successful company now!
Reporting to the SHEQ Manager your role will be fast paced, broad, rewarding, and autonomous to oversee the quality and welding systems. No two days will look the same, however your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing expertise to the business on fabrication/welding codes (AS/NZS 5131, ASME VIII)
- Performing in-house visual inspections to ISO 17637.
- Providing direction to the business to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 & ISO 3834.
- Inspecting and testing of materials, processes, and products to meet quality specifications.
- Ensuring all non-conformances are identified, investigated and solutions actioned.
- Creating weld procedures and weld qualifications to ASME IX, AS/NZS 1554 & ISO 9606.
This position involves interacting with all departments internally, external site visits, and third-party inspectors. The candidate must hold, at a minimum, a welding supervisor (AS/NZS 2214) or an equivalent qualification. You will also demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills along with the ability to work effectively under pressure. Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite is essential.
This is a specialised role and a great opportunity to advance your career.