Receptionist / Medical Administrator
Listed: 26 Jan 2018
8am – 1pm Monday to Friday
Hospice Waikato is an organisation focused on leading the way in the growing specialist field of community palliative care. They are totally committed to providing patient focused, highly professional care, for Waikato people living with life limiting or life threatening illnesses and for those who support them.
- Recognises people and the difference they make
- Is committed to developing its people to the highest professional skill level
- Understands the value of emotional support for all
- Delivers its services with a multidisciplinary focus
- Is committed to being the best in its field
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Receptionist/Medical Administrator to join their team on a permanent part-time basis. Working in the ‘In-Patient Unit’ this role will involve delivering professional and empathetic frontline reception service and providing high level general administration support to the medical teams and Medical Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greeting clients and dealing with incoming calls
- Managing all queries from staff and visitors
- Collating timesheets and data/statistics
- Providing admin support to the medical teams and their managers
- Calendar management and coordination
- Updating rosters
- Backup medical typing
To be the right fit for this role and organisation you will offer:
- An empathetic approach with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work effectively in an ethnic and age diverse environment
- Sound administration and process knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed Microsoft Office skills
- Customer service skills that impress
Previous dictaphone experience is an advantage but not essential providing you’re willing to learn. The successful applicant will be required to undertake pre-employment health screening (including drug testing) and complete a Ministry of Justice criminal records check, the results of which must be to Hospice Waikato’s satisfaction.
If you would like to know more contact Judy on 07 839 3685, firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now.