Rescue, Fire & Safety Officer
Hamilton Airport has a small team of dedicated Rescue Fire and Safety Officers. They look after airport emergency response, which includes aircraft firefighting, medical response, safety and security of the airport environs and terminal buildings. They regularly patrol the terminal building, grounds, carpark and air-side perimeter fences and perform other duties such as runway inspections, wildlife management, general aerodrome operations and grounds maintenance. They also conduct regular fire safety and maintenance inspections and provide training for airport tenants in fire evacuation and emergency response.
- In emergency conditions, provide an effective site rescue, security and firefighting response
- Ensure the airport terminal building and environs are secure at all times
- Test and maintain fire, rescue and emergency facilities and equipment
- Undertake various maintenance tasks
- Conduct regular security inspections to ensure airport perimeter security is maintained
- Assist in ensuring airport customer car park and general customers issues are resolved.
Officers are available to assist the public 24 hours a day, working a rotating 12 hour shift pattern (6am-6pm days, and nights 6pm-6am) with four days off at a time.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team involved in a wide variety of tasks ensuring the operational needs and safety of Hamilton Airport’s users, employees and contractors is maintained. We’re seeking someone who enjoys working with the public, can relate to a wide range of people and adapt and maintain composure in all situations. You will have the necessary self-motivation to work autonomously but still very much be a team player. Previous emergency experience is an advantage, but not necessary as full training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Minimum Class 2 Drivers Licence, and willing and able to obtain Class 4
- High level of physical fitness
- Able to remain calm under pressure and in challenging situations
- Ability to operate machinery/equipment
- The successful applicant will be required to pass a medical clearance and Ministry of Justice criminal history check. All applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.
For further details please contact Paula at Asset Recruitment email@example.com
Please note: Our office is closed for the Christmas/New Year break from 20th December 2019, returning Monday, 6th January 2020. Any applications received during this time will be responded to upon our return.
All applicants MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.