Senior Legal Counsel
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Does an in-house role appeal to you? Seeking the variety that a senior, broad, commercial role would provide you?
Our long established client has a strong national and international. An opportunity has arisen for a highly talented Lawyer to join their head office team based in Hamilton. With one direct report, your team’s focus will be to deliver practical advice across their governance, corporate, commercial, employment, investment and dispute markets. Managing relationships with external stakeholders particularly around external counsel is also a key aspect of your responsibilities.
Whilst the role is broad your key deliverables will be:
- Overseeing all legal matters within the company and delegating to in-house or external expertise
- Managing employment issues including representing the company at the ERA
- Drafting and negotiating all legal documents including supplier contracts, employment agreements, court documents and client service agreements
- Providing management and staff with reporting on all relevant legal and compliance matters
We are open to considering a broad range of backgrounds but ideally you will offer:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and current New Zealand practicing certificate
- Between 5-12 years’ experience
- Strong litigation and general legal experience
- Well developed or developing leadership capability
- Communications skills that will impress
- High levels of drive, commitment to learning and motivation
Have we got you interested? This is a great opportunity to make your mark in the commercial world where you can utilise and further broaden your legal skillset.
All applicants MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa to be considered for this position.