Sponsorship & Marketing Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity with the NZ National Fieldays Society team; owners of one of the biggest events centres in New Zealand. Curating and running the largest agricultural show of its type in the Southern Hemisphere – Fieldays™, the team at Mystery Creek Events Centre also hosts a number of New Zealand iconic events including, Easter Baptist Camp, Sika Show, Motorhome & Caravan Show and more.
This is an exciting and diverse role with responsibility for leading a team of staff responsible for managing and increasing sponsorship and sales for the New Zealand National Fieldays Society (NZNFS). You will manage existing sponsorship and customer relationships.
You will be expected to:
- Develop, implement and manage the annual sales plan for existing identified customers
- Proactively engage existing and prospective customers to purchase sites for NZNFS events
- Develop effective and appropriate business relationships for the mutual benefit of NZNFS and customers
- Seek and develop new relationships
- Engage and host key stakeholders at events and organisational famils
- Drive initiatives that contribute to increasing sponsorship for the organisation including the identification and securing of sponsorship
- Administration of the Sponsorship portfolio across the organisation
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across NZNFS. – by keeping stakeholders engaged and informed on NZNFS activity
- Represent NZNFS at relevant business functions and networking opportunities, nationally and internationally
- Develop overall marketing and communications strategy for the Society, Mystery Creek and events
- Manage the integrity of the Society family of brands
- Manage the relationships with agencies to ensure cohesive delivery of all marketing and communications activities
- Maintain an overview of marketing and communications channels, ensuring these are fit for purpose and are executed to best benefit
- You will have at least five years previous experience in similar roles preferably in the primary sector.
- Experience and proven success in sales and negotiation and able to demonstrate your ability to prepare business proposals and drive sales. Existing networks within the agribusiness industry would be desired.
- You will be able to explain and create understanding in a consultative manner, have highly developed written and oral communication skills and be able to build outstanding rapport with your internal and external customers.
- You will need to have the appropriate marketing and customer mix that will see you using marketing and communication initiatives to drive and reward the customer.
- You will need to show initiative and have the ability to lead and coach a multi-disciplinary team.
Experience with events and/or event activations will be looked upon favourably.
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel that you meet the candidate requirements, please apply now or email hyour CV to Judith – email@example.com