- 30 hours per week
Our client is a leading provider of industry training and health & safety courses throughout New Zealand. To complement their small finance team, they require a competent, skilled Assistant Accountant.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing month end journals, accruals and prepayments
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register including monthly depreciation journals
- Processing of all customer receipts
- Posting cash book transactions
- Bank reconciliations
- Reviewing general ledger and updating month end reports
- Assisting with the preparation of the year-end financial statements and tax returns
- Filing of GST and PAYE returns
- Processing the group payroll on a fortnightly basis
- Processing monthly payroll journals and accruals
- Overseeing insurance claims
Through past work experience the preferred applicant will demonstrate strong technical ability along with excellent communication skills, high levels of accuracy and attention to detail. Also essential is the ability to manage your time effectively especially when working under pressure to meet deadlines. A tertiary qualification is not required, however some papers towards a relevant diploma or degree will be an advantage.
Keen to know more? Contact Judy on 07 839 3685, firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now.